Spotlight is back this spring with a hilarious story of a community theatre group trying their best to put on their annual murder mystery performance. However, with a writer that keeps changing the script days before they open, things don’t go as planned.
This play is a joint return to the stage for the Spotlight Core and Spotlight Jefferson State Clubs following the COVID-19 pandemic. The performance is directed by Spotlight Program Coordinator and CEPA Assistant Director Shelby Maddox and Spotlight Jefferson State Club Sponsor Lesley Warren.
State and local safety mandates will be followed for this performance, including masks and social distancing should these restrictions remain in effect at the time of the shows. Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey has indicated that the State’s mask mandate will be released on April 9, however it is expected that some social distancing requirements will remain in effect. CEPA is only planning to admit 200 people per show and encourages attendees to bring and wear masks during the event. Lobby doors will open one hour before showtime, and theater doors will open 30 minutes before the show.
- Dates: April 9-11
- Times: April 9-10 @ 7 p.m., April 11 @ 2:30 p.m.
- Where: CEPA, 25 Williamson Dr, Pell City, Al, 35125
- Tickets: FREE (Donations accepted at the door)
Meet the Cast
- Augie Manville – Raymond Bowman
- Gerry Dunbar – Solomon Smith
- Louie Perry – Chuck Cohron
- Phyllis Montague – Blair Goodgame
- Henry Benish (Lord Dudley) – Mark Brown
- Polly Benish (Lady Dudley) – Lesley Warren
- Marla “Smitty” Smith (Doris the maid) – Stormie Vickers
- Saul Watson (Dr. Rex Frobes- the villain) – Brian Reaves
- Billy Carewe (Stephen Sellers) – Cody Mealer
- Violet Imbry (Diana Lassiter) – Ginny Park